Forum Discussion

OliverKenfield
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Pull down that checks data from multiple tables

Hi guys,
I have an events app that has a lot of tables and while everything is working fine, I'm running into a prob.  The tables that come into play here are, Events, Employees, Time Off Requests.  

• In Events, this is the actual events and is linked to mostly every table.
  • In Employees, this is employee details and has checkbox fields for each day of the week (Sun, Mon, etc) where we can specify whether that employee is always unavailable for that day of the week.  If all left unchecked, they're available every day of the week.
  • In Time Off Requests, this is of course days the employee has requested off and has approved, unapproved, etc statuses.

I'm open to changing some fields or approach here.  But ideally what I'd like to happen is:

When in an event, a relationship based field looks up the related employee to assign them to an event, but only shows employees that are available (based on days of week off, or time requests approved). 

For flexibility purpose, I don't mind if when looking up via the related employee field it shows all employees, even if they have off, or not available that day of the week).

I know I can filter an employees report, but some of my data I'd like to filter is based in other tables.  Is this a possibility or am I reaching here?  Any suggestions are much appreciated here and also if there's another way to do this, please let me know. 

Thank you much!  
Oliver

------------------------------
Oliver Kenfield

1 Reply

• Oliver,
    There is a way to do this which would involve first clicking a button to put the Event in Focus for the current user.  That way the app would know know which Event the user is selecting staff for.  Then the drop down list could be properly populated.

But this would take say a couple of hours of one on one time to get this working.  If you like to discuss further off line, email me directly using me email address below.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com