Forum Discussion

DanielaDaniela
Qrew Member
8 years ago

Pulling connected records from separate tables

Hello!

I created an app with two tables, Interviews and Insights. Each interview can generate many insights, and each insight can come from many interviews. I would like to see (both in the forms and in a report) all insights generated by an interview. Likewise, for each insight, I would like to see all interviews that generated that insight. I?ve been playing with many-to-many relationships and join tables with no success, as those require me to manually connect interviews and insights in the intermediate table so I view those connected records (or at least this is my understanding about how it should work). I would like to skip the manual connection step and leverage the link between insights and interviews created when I add an insight to an interview via the interview form. Is it possible? Thanks in advance!

2 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    I'm leaning towards using a joined table, but there are some things you can do to make the "manual" part of it seem as if you are doing it all in one spot.

While in the same breath giving you the reporting and insights (no pun intended) to your data.

Have you experimented with an "editable" child table on the main interview form?  This would be your joined table, but you basically be a grid edit child list.  Makes it really easy to add multiple records at once.