Forum Discussion

JenniferMeyer
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Pulling in attachments and rich text fields from one table to another

Here is a loom video I made showing what I am talking about: Click Here for the Loom Video

I have looked and looked and not found a specific post regarding this so I am wondering if I am way off base with this.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
Jennifer Meyer

4 Replies

• np
    OK, so you have a connected sync table and you were trying to pull in an image and a file from another table. 

Fort connected Sync tables they really only bring across fields in two formats, either numeric or text. So for the image all you do is rename that [Image] field to be called like [Image Raw]

and then make a new formula Rich Text field with a formula of
    [Image Raw].

As for the file itself, you cannot Sync across an actual file attachment, but you can make a Formula Rich Text field as a Hyperlink on the source table with this formula

var text Words = [my file attachment field];
    var text URL = URLRoot() & "up/" & Dbid() & "/a/r" & [Record ID#] & "/e12/v0";

"<a href=" & $URL & ">" & $Words & "</a>"

NOTE: Replace the e12 above with exx where xx is the Field ID of the file attachment field.

You can test that in the source file that when you see the link on the record and when you click on the link it will look for all intents and purposes like a file attachment field.

If you needed it to use that field as a lookup field in your source application that would look up fine but when using a connected sync table of course we know know that it will come across as plain text.  So "np", just rename it to be suffixed "raw" like [Hyperlink (raw)] in the connect Sync table and make a new formula Rich Text field in the connected Sync table with a formula of [Hyperlink (raw)] 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JenniferMeyer
      Qrew Member
      When I am pulling it in from the table.  Am I pulling it in from the attachment file, or the link that is showing up where the photo would normally go?

Jennifer Meyer
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Photo2 seem to be a text field type and is probably just the result of the connected Sync field coming across as plain text.

Make a new Formula Rich Text field called 

[Image normal size] with a formula of
        [Photo2]

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JenniferMeyer
      Qrew Member
      THANK YOU!!!  I was WAY overthinking it.

Jennifer Meyer