Forum Discussion

AaronZielinski
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

Pulling values from one table in an app to a field in another table

I need to pull a value from a supporting table in the app (Dental cost) to a field (Coverage Tier) in another table based upon selection of coverage tier.  Essentially, I have some data tables that have dental coverage tier and an associated cost of each tier.

So, if I choose Employee Only (Coverage Tier) in the main table, I need it to look to the "Dental Table" and pull the coverage cost value matching the Employee Only (Coverage Tier).  The coverage tier language match in the main table and the supporting table.  There are five tiers (Employee Only, Employee + Spouse, Employee + Children, Family, and Waived).

I would like to be able to pull the valued directly from the Dental Table so when the values change annually, I can just make the adjustment in one place and all the associated employee's record in the Main Table will adjust accordingly.

Thanks in advance!!!

2 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Is the Tier selection a relationship?  Any way that could just be a relationship between your "Tier" table and the "Employee" table?

Then that information could just come as a lookup field....

Maybe I missed something in your set up...
  • Matthew, I'm a newby app builder (this is a new one I'm building) so no relationships are established.  I have built separate tables for employees, each of health insurance products (tiers), dental, and vision.  I'm basically trying to have if employee x selects product x and he's x years old, the premium will pull from the respective table into the employee's record on the employee table.  The premium tables are setup with age and premium as the two columns.