Forum Discussion

ArchiveUser
Qrew Captain
10 years ago

Put hyperlink in description of table

I have a table with a description, and I would like to hyperlink a word in the description to direct users to download a document. To be clear, this is would not be in a field, as most of the other questions I've seen asking. If anyone could even point me in a good direction I would really appreciate it.

8 Replies

• Are you actually asking about if you can put a hyperlink in the name of a table in the table bar across the top?  That is not possible.
  • No, not in the table name. When you go into the settings or when you initially make the table you have an opportunity to write a description of the table and then chose if it appears on the report page. I'm asking if there's a way to hyperlink a word in that section, not in the table name section.
  • Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It's referred to as a table report on my screen, I just assumed people called it a table. But yes, the report description is what I'm referring to.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      yes, you can Make a Rich text field with this format

var text Words = ....

var text URL = URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_PATIENTS] & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Related Patient];

"<a href=" & $URL & ">" & $Words & "</a>"

Basically you just inset the words and insert the URL to hyperlink to when clicked.