Forum Discussion

AnnettaColeman
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Question on Table Report / Grid Edit Groupings: How to set groups to automatically collapse?

I have a project milestone table report that demonstrates 5 phases (groupings) and between 5-18 activity records in each group. 

How do I set the table report to automatically collapse the groups?   (the default is all groups are open and you can click to collapse a single group or collapse all groups)

------------------------------
Annetta Coleman

10 Replies

• Unlike forms, table reports do not behave that way.  It's more a concept that you would use the Dynamic filters to limit the rows to the selected Dynamic filter.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AnnettaColeman
      Qrew Cadet
      Mark - Thanks for the insight and nudge towards Dynamic Filters.   I use Dynamic filters manually on dashboards to limit to a subset of desired data.  Can filters also be used to collapse a reporting group?

Annetta Coleman
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        With Dynamic Filters (DF) on a report, the report will only show records for how the filters are selected.  So if you were to set a DF for the groups then your report is grouped by, then you would only see the groupings that you selected.  So it's not a case that the sections "collapse", it's really just the records just would not be visible.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com