Forum Discussion

SyaefulBahri3
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Quickbase Automation Copying Record

Hi All,

I'm a bit lost about Quickbase automation. 

This is my step to create Quickbase automation. Can you please check whether I'm missing something

1. Create table A with some field
2. Create table B (just the table)
3. Create automation on table A, when data changes, trigger when user modify the record in this table A, any  of the following field change "field A", and any of this condition true "field A" is equal to the value Yes
4 Add actions copy record, source table "table A", destination tabel "table B"
5. Quick Base will copy records from table A to the table B. Make sure your automation copies the records you want. Add filters to narrow which records are copied from the source. Any of these conditions are true "field A" is equal to the value Yes
6. Change data on table A, field A

Based on the above steps. Record from Table A should be copied to Table B. Unfortunately not even one record copied on Table B

Many thank

------------------------------
Syaeful Bahri

2 Replies

• Hi,

Automation is limited to certain number of records. If you exceed that number it will not work. I believe if 1000 records change in one operation it will not trigger. If that is not the case, you may want to post your automation for me to look at the criteria.

Souheil Karam
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    You might also need to compare the record id to the triggering record id in the filters for the action portion. Make sure they match and it will only copy that one record that triggered it at the time. This may not work for mass imports.

If this does not make sense after you test it out let me know.