Forum Discussion

JennaOdom
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Quickbase Automation to Change a User field

Hello Quickbase Community,

I am looking to update/change a user in a formula - user field when a text - mulitple choice field is updated. Does Quickbase automation have the capability to do this or how could I make this happen?

Thanks!
Jenna

------------------------------
Jenna Odom

5 Replies

• Whoa, you mean to edit the formula?  Crazy ask and I'm thinking that there must be a better way to have this be table driven and have the Automation just update a field for Related Project Manager or something. Maybe if you explain your use case I can suggest another approach.

But if you are technical,  and only a bit crazy, then maybe a crazy ask like that is not completely crazy.  Using a Pipeline and the new set of RESTful APIs,  you can probably edit a formula,  but even if that was technically possible that sounds like a lot of heavy lifting as opposed to a different designed for how the User is determined.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JennaOdom
      Qrew Member
      Actually, I believe I can just use a user field to make the change.

I am trying to say when a text multiple choice field equals a certain choice, change the user field to a certain user. I have started the automation trigger, but the action doesn't allow me to see a drop-down of the list of users to choose from.

Jenna Odom
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        OK that makes more sense.  Does the Automation allow you to type in an email address?  I have not tested that myself.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com