Forum Discussion

SherryBlackbur1
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Realm Branding: Footer with custom coding to open form and populate field in another app

I want a realm branding footer for users to submit a help ticket to our application management platform (AMP) app.

Use case: while in an app, user can click "submit help ticket" and the link will open the ticket form in AMP and populate the App Name field with the name of the app the user was in when they clicked the link. App Name field is a multi-choice lookup field so I need the code to recognize the app id.

I need a way to do this in the realm branding, because if I create a custom footer in an individual app, it removes the realm branded header.

I've tried several variations on the dbid() function, but so far no luck. Any ideas?

------------------------------
Sherry Blackburn

4 Replies

• I have a client who does exactly that same thing.  A large red link at the bottom corner of every Quickbase page called New IT Request.

What is your problem.  You can go into the UI settings at the Realm level and put in a custom footer.  for this client it was a link to an EOTI Image (or you can just have words) 
    and then a link to the Tickets app.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      SherryBlackbur1
      Qrew Trainee

I can link to the ticket app/form, that's not the issue. I have field on the form to select the app for which the ticket applies – I want to auto-populate that field based on the app from which the link was clicked. Not essential, but would be really nice to have.

Sherry Blackburn  |  Sr. Applications Systems Analyst - Quickbase  |  Technology Solutions Partners

PeaceHealth  |  1115 SE 164th Ave.  |  Vancouver, WA 98683

Learn about Quickbase and requesting an app.

Use your PeaceHealth credentials when prompted -  3x3@peacehealth.org and your network password

Need a Quickbase consult or working session? Book it HERE.

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Sorry, not read your question clearly. My fault. No those are fixed headings without any intelligence so if you start messing around at the App level then you are correct that you will lose the corporate branding for the headers.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com