Forum Discussion

SharynVross1
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Remove a Record from a Table using Pipeline

I created a table called "approvals" to list requests waiting for approval.  If the approval is DECLINED, I want the "request" to drop off from the approvals table.  I am using the status as the trigger:  If the status = "Approval Rejected," it should be removed from the table, but I don't see a way to make that happen. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

------------------------------
Sharyn Vross

4 Replies

• Do you actually want the record deleted there is a QuickBase channel step called delete record.  So you would have your trigger step and then the next step would be the delete record step

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      SharynVross1
      Qrew Member

I actually just want the record to not appear on the approvals table (these are all just lookup values from the original account)

Sharyn Vross
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

You can make a report called Approved and open Requests and filter it not to include if Approval Status = Approval Rejected

Then assuming that you want this reort to be your new Table Home Page report, you would got o the table icon and then at the top right there is a customize button and you can set this report to be the default.

Personally I don't really like it when the table home page report doesn't list all the records so instead maybe you want to sort and Group on approval status and have those sort to the bottom and have a dynamic filter on the approval status, but of course that's up to you. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com