Forum Discussion

AlexanderJackso
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Rent Schedule Input

I have the below lease schedule that I am working to tie to each lease we have in our QB environment. 

This is just an example of 1 year of one rent schedule, we have some leases that are 20+ years long.

If someone could guide me on the best way to input this data that would be a huge help. I feel like i need to create a child table to the parent lease table, but am not sure that is the correct route to go.

Thank you.

3 Replies

• You are on the exact right path.

You will have a table of lease Agreements and a child table of lease Payments.

One Lease Agreement has many Lease Payments. 
  • How would I go about inputting the data set? In the table image above there is a period, a date (month/year) and a payment type for each lease.
  • Well, you will need to create fields if the correct type for each column.

The easiest way to get the fields created would be to import some records just to get the fields built, then you can delete the records.

Some of your fields are probably calculated fields, so you would not import that column, but instead make a formula field in Quick Base similar to what you may already have in Excel.

Your issue will be that these will need to be uploaded along with a new column for the Related Lease Agreement. That will need to be added manually before uploading unless you have some kind of lease agreement identifier on each record that you can use. I would have to understand you data better to give you more specific advise.

The Related Lease Agreement is the Record ID of the correct lease for each lease payment.