Forum Discussion

JeremyCohen
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Replication of Team oriented Survey

We currently utilize Survey Monkey to set up a team survey at the end of  a project.  It is a very simple tool to create a template of questions with a 1-5 scoring.  

The issue I am running across is a way to allocate names based on a "contacts" list which is not associated to users and have it generate all the required forms necessary.

For instance a team of 30 people...I would need a way to generate 29 forms for all 30 people so they can grade each individual at the end of a project.  For the user experience it would be great if I had a simple action that created this.  Then I could have those grades roll up to what each individual got as a score (as an average).

I have been racking my brain thinking of a good methodology to accomplish this but keep hitting walls in the process.

I would really appreciate some help.

------------------------------
Jeremy Cohen

3 Replies

• Can you describe if you have these contacts in Quick Base?  Are these child records to a Project?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
      JeremyCohen
      Qrew Member
      The Contacts are in Quickbase.  I recently changed the key field to the full name so that if it is in a text it could relate across.

They will be associated to a project in a separate table for the "Assessment" which is intended to be a roll up field for each individual assessment.

This one got me into a conundrum so my temporary solution is to export the related "assessment" record # and the related contact name into an excel sheet.  The excel sheet will then take all the other contacts within the project (up to 50) and list them out.  It will force the user to enter a 1-5 scoring system for the criteria needed and then I can upload all the individual scores for each person into the table I want to roll into the "assessments" table.  

I was hoping for a native solution but it would essentially be a permutation/computation formula to figure out how I can relate 1 name to all the others on the list and create records as such.

For instance...5 people are on the team... member A assesses Members B,C,D,and E.  so I would need 4 records for him/her and 4 for all the other 4 people relating in a similar fashion.

If you even have an idea on a direction I would appreciate it...if you think it could create that many records with a user inputted field.​

Jeremy Cohen
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        I could work with you one on one to get this working natively.  I can visualize a solution where you click each contact one by one to generate the other "29" surveys fir that contact.   That would probably take under an hour on a Go To Meeting session.

Or else 2 hours for a one click solution to generate all 29 squared =841 Surveys. (Using tou example of 30 participants) 

Mark Shnier
        Your Quick Base Coach 
        mark.shnier@gmail.com

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        markshnier2@gmail.com