Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Report Filter Not Working

Hi all,

I've created a report and included a couple fields to use as dynamic filters:

1. ID Setup Complete - formula checkbox
2. Store - Province - lookup from the stores table
3. Store Position/Role - Text multiple choice

1 and 2 are working fine, but when I filter on 3, I get no results. I've discovered that the issue is with special characters. The values in this field are "Dealer / Propriétaire" and "Store Staff /  Employée de Magasin".

I changed the values to "DEALER PROPRIETAIRE" and "STORE STAFF EMPLOYEE DE MAGASIN" and now the filter is working.

Problem is, this looks not too great for our bilingual users as it doesn't really differentiate between the English and French.

Does anyone have any ideas on a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance!

Kim

------------------------------
Kim

2 Replies

• As evidenced by the large number of "bug fixes" (technically I suppose it's not bugs but rather enhancements to support foreign characters - but they get listed under "what's Fixed")  relating to UTF-8 in the December Release and again in the January release, they are working hard to make Quickbase more ready for internationalization.  ie supporting non english characters such as those found in French.

There is a setting on the application properties called 

This controls whether Quickbase forces UTF-8 encoding in this app. It can't be used when the entire realm is forced to use UTF-8.

My suggestion is to wait for the January release to happen and then enable that checkbox.  You might want to put in a support ticket at that time just to make sure it is safe to turn on. I don't think there has been too much documentation on this so far.  

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KimRavizza
      Qrew Cadet
      Perfect! Will do. Thanks so much, Mark.

Kim