Forum Discussion

LB
Qrew Trainee
6 months ago

Report with info from multiple tables

Is there an efficient way to create an exportable report from info within multiple tables? 

------------------------------
LB

4 Replies

• Depends on the structure of the data and how you're trying to export it ultimately.

Is the data related in such a way that you can bind it all together/stitch it into a single row for export? Or is it data from multiple tables that you want to concatenate into one large data set that you can export altogether? 

Chayce Duncan
      LB
      Qrew Trainee

It's not related in a way to bind it all together in the app, but pieces of it I need to pull together to create an exportable report. I looked at maybe attempting to use PowerBI but I don't see Quickbase listed in the Services anymore. 

LB
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

I believe there was a similar post from Mark Shnier with this suggestion - you could import all of your data you want exported into a staging table with all of the data concatenated together and then export that table as a large file.

I'm not aware of any issues with PowerBI though - when I go under 'Get Data' Quickbase is still an option for me and would certainly work in your scenario. 

Chayce Duncan