Forum Discussion

TimEgerton
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Required field behaviour on hidden form elements

We have a form that is completed in two steps, with save record in between. All fields on the form need to be Required (Yes/No options).

In the first step half the form is completed while the other half is hidden, saved, and at a later stage a Dynamic Form Rule unhides the hidden part of the form for data entry.

If we check all elements as Required in the form editor (not on the record) the elements in the hidden part of the form in the first step don't allow the form to be saved, as they are required.

If we make the elements in the hidden part of the form (in the first step) unrequired and use Dynamic Form Rule to make them Required it provides three options Yes/No/None of the above. We only want Yes/No.

I seems the Dynamic Form Rule "required" does not work the same as form elements "required", the latter does not offer "None of the above".

Are we missing something?

Any suggestions for a work around.

Thanks,

Tim

------------------------------
Tim Egerton

2 Replies

• I don't have time to test this myself but I seem to recall I ran into that same frustration. I think my workaround was that I made the field required on the form but then had a form rule to make it un-required. Then the "none of the above" option was suppressed.

Can you try that and post back if it works? 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      TimEgerton
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Mark,

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

The solution is:
      Form elements to display first check Required on form.
      Form elements to display second not Required on form or record.
      DFR - when display second elements is Not Equal To the trigger to display second elements (ie unchecked) elements are (Action) Unrequired

Tim Egerton