Forum Discussion

ThomasEasterli1
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Rich Text Styling

Hi,

My users want a button to pre-populate some Rich Text fields.  Here is my solution:

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord&apptoken=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&rid=" & [Record ID#]
& "&_fid_202=<pre>project management of included scope | shop drawings (+1 revision) | material | fabrication | finishing + sample (+ 2 revisions) | delivery | installation</pre>
&_fid_203=<pre>general</br> exterior work | metalwork | stonework | electrical work | plumbing | structural work (wood or metal) | finish carpentry (siding, jambs, etc) | decorative hardware, hooks, and accessories | upholstery | appliance supply and install | non-wood countertops | metal cabinets | glass supply and install | mirror supply and install | passage doors | pocket doors | track hardware | grommet supply | art rails | standalone furniture | access panels not shown in drawing set | building permits</br>specific</br> tbd</pre>
&_fid_204=<pre>adequate parking within 1/4 mile for installation and finishing staff | onsite accommodation for storage, cutting, and finishing onsite within 100 yds of work area | scaffolding provided at areas of installation greater than 10 ft a.f.f.</pre>&_fid_34=<pre>Work performed outside of specifed scope:</br>
&#149;labor $75/ installer | $65/ finisher</br>
&#149;return trips $125/ installer | $100/ finisher</br>
&#149;materials Cost plus 15%</pre>"
& "&rdr=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/bnpew6eji?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#])

However, I'm getting this result: 

How can I edit my code to 1) have the text fit inside the rich text box, 2) change the font and size?

------------------------------
T$

8 Replies

• What "look" are you after?  Do you want to see a more vertical bulleted list?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ThomasEasterli1
      Qrew Trainee
      Same look.

1) have the text fit inside the rich text box,
      2) change the font to Gotham Book italic and size to 9

Thomas Easterling
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Fields do not "stay inside their box".  They expand to fit the space available.  If you put fields beside each other, then they will share the width of the page across and wrap.  Maybe try putting some fields side by side.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com