Forum Discussion

DustinJohnson
Qrew Member
11 months ago

Rurl() doesnt return to correct Form Page

I am using the add child record button that's created from the relationship. The button exists on the 5th page (tab) of the form. Once I finish creating the child record and save it, it does bring me back to the form, but on the first tab. The only time it returns me to the correct tab is if I refresh the window on the form page that the button is on and then click the button. Is there anyway to use a "custom" Rurl() so that it always sends you back to the correct form page? Or is there another method to return to the form page? This button does require user input so the rdr method doesn't apply I believe.

The current formula is (sensitive data replaced with XXX):

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_XXX]

& "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_19=" & [Record ID#]

& URLRoot() & "&z=" & Rurl()

------------------------------
Dustin Johnson

6 Replies

• There is no way to do that with old forms. They will not be investing any efforts to enhance old forms. 

I suggest that you try a test with a new form to see how it behaves and then put in User Feedback if it does not behave that way.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DustinJohnson
      Qrew Member

Alright, this does happen to be in one of the new forms.

Do you happen to know what the "rl=xxx" stands for in the URL? I'm assuming it is the new designation of the form id for the new type of forms.

?a=dr&rid=4&rl=bvqs&page=5

Dustin Johnson

MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

There is no way to reverse engineer that rl= ... it's some kind of temporary secret encoding.  I suggest that you put in user feedback on this.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Did you solve this? I have a similar problem. When I add a child to a newly created parent, instead of bringing me back to that same parent it lands me on a completely new record on the Parent table. This only happens when using New Forms, so it is not an issue with the url.

Eleonora Ruffini
    AngelRodriguez
    Qrew Assistant Captain

I'm not sure if this works with tabs on the new forms, but I found that this formula does work with steps.  I have a 24 page form and needed custom API buttons to save initials and dates at about 10 different points on different pages.  I found that this code worked to save and return me to the specific page that I'm on. 

URLRoot() & "db/" & "<your table ID here>"
    & "?a=API_EditRecord"
    & "&rid=" & URLEncode([Record ID#])
    & "&apptoken=<your app token here>"
    & "&rdr=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=er&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "page%3D&page=1")

Specifically, the portion of code that redirects to a specific page on the new forms is `page%3D&page=1`.  It's hardcoded and I haven't attempted to pull the page number dynamically, but this certainly works as I'm using it in a bunch of places on my form.  The `%3D` in the URL is a percent-encoded version of the equals sign (=), so it looks a bit redundant to state "page=&page=1".  This may be some type of variable assignment in the URL.  Either way it works.