Forum Discussion

BarryDolan
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Save & Keeping working button

Since java is no longer supported, is there a method for creating a button that will mimic the save & keeping working button?

I found older threads on this topic but nothing recently. Seems like a nice easy customizable functionality that would make workflow a little easier. I personally think we have to click the mouse too many times to do our jobs as it is. A little bit of automation would be nice. Any thoughts?

------------------------------
Barry Dolan

6 Replies

• Well, Save and Keep working is essentially save and display the record in edit mode.  I think that this can be done with a Rich Text formula field.  

var text RID = IF([Record ID#]>0, [Record ID#], "%%rid%%"); // %%rid%% will grab the Record ID of the newly saved record.

var text URL = URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid() & "?a=er&rid=" & $RID;

"<a class='SaveBeforeNavigating' data-replaceRid=true style=\"text-decoration:none; background: #4b7097; border-radius: 5px; color: #ffffff; display: inline-block; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; width:100px; text-align: center; text-shadow: none; border: 2px solid #030404; font-size: 12px \"href='"
    & $URL
    & "'>Save and Display in Edit Mode</a>"

// you will probably have to play around with the formatting of the button to get it to look nice. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BarryDolan
      Qrew Cadet

Brilliant! Thanks, Mark.

I did need to tweak it a bit. I changed var text RID to var number RID and removed the %%rid%%. And of course, I did some formatting changes. But it works perfectly!

Barry Dolan
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander

The %%rid%% is used for a new record, in add record mode. If you remove that portion, this button will only work after it has been saved the first time, and the record ID exists.

I've tried Marks code before (with the %%rid%%) and it has worked great for me. I recommend keeping that part in, and posting back the error you are getting (if you are getting one).

Mike Tamoush