Forum Discussion

ColeenSchmitt1
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Scheduled Automation Triggers

Hi,

I am trying to setup an automation that runs on the 1st of every month. However when I choose to run a scheduled automation the run date of the automation becomes the only trigger, and there is no option to then add additional criteria. 

The issue then becomes that when I go to define the Action there is no trigger table to copy values from. Does anyone know of a way to add additional criteria to the trigger, besides the run day? 

What I'm looking for the automation to specifically accomplish is:
For any forecast records where the "# of Posts Launched Last Month" >0, Copy the "# of Posts Launched Last Month" into the "Billable Posts" field. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! 

4 Replies

• My suggestion based on your need would be to set up your automation to run on whatever particular day you want how you have it set up, and then set up a table to table import to accomplish the latter. Your table to table has filters you can apply for # Posts > 0 and you can then import that into your billable posts module. 

So your trigger is the scheduled run, and your action would be running a table-table import you configure as an addition to this process

Chayce Duncan | Technical Lead
    (720) 739-1406 | chayceduncan@quandarycg.com
    Quandary Knowledge Base
  • Thank you. Can you elaborate more on how to setup the table-table import in the automation? I havent tried that before. 
  • Are you asking about how to set up the table to table import in general? Or how to add it in the automation?

I'm happy to elaborate on the former - but don't want to get too detailed if thats not what you need.

As for the latter - adding it to the automation is one of the actions you can select. 

Once you select it - you select from the drop-downs of to select your import
    Here is the formal documentation for table-table imports as well

Chayce Duncan | Technical Lead
    (720) 739-1406 | chayceduncan@quandarycg.com
    Quandary Knowledge Base
  • Ah, great! Yes I know how to do the table-table import setup, just hadn't noticed it as an option on the automations. Thanks for your help on this! Will let you know if i run into any troubles from here on out.