Forum Discussion

JordanBeatty1
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Scheduled Record Creations

Table A has many children in Table B. I would like it that when a record in Table A is created, two weeks later a record is created in Table B if certain fields meet a specific criteria. Example would be to only create the record in Table B is the status field of the record for Table A is not closed. Which I would also like to scale up to 4 weeks and 6 weeks as well.

Now in Automations I see that I could instantly create the three records in Table B. Though if the status field in Table A is closed before reaching any of those time frames, there are three records in Table B that did not need to be created and need to be deleted. 

Any recommendations on how to approach this?

------------------------------
Jordan Beatty

2 Replies

• You can create a saved table to table import to import records from Table A into table B to create the children.  You would map [Record ID#] into the field for [Related Parent] for example.   You can also create any number of additional helper fields which are not actually used on the parent, but are there to be a source for data when copied to table B.

Then set the Automation to run that saved import 7 days a week.  The filters on the import will ensure that they only get hits when some conditions are true, such as the Parent is still incomplete and [2 two week reminder date] (a calculated date field)  is equal to Today.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
    DonLarson
    Qrew Commander
    Jordan,

Triggers by Juiced lets you create schedules under which they will run. There are a bunch of other very neat features.   I recommend them to everyone.

www.juicedtech.com

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH