Forum Discussion

ChethanaShetty1
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Send User info in the application on monthly basic

I want to send the details of user in my application to some group of user monthly basis in form of attachment to track the user in the application.

I tried by creating a connected table with quickbase admin user but it didn't give me the application name and role they belong to.
Could anybody let me know the feasible way of achieving this.

Thanks in Advance

------------------------------
Chethana Shetty

5 Replies

• You could have a table in your app where you can track "Resources". These would be records of your users and you could have a formula to determine the Roles, based on the Quickbase User associated with that Resource.

OR

You'll need to use the API and run "API_GetSchema", but that is probably overkill for what it sounds like you're trying to accomplish.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
      ChethanaShetty1
      Qrew Member
      Thanks Harrison for you reply,

But as a concern we don't have any formula to to get the role of particular user using his email or name, we have formula to get the role of current user..

Chethana Shetty
        BlakeHarrison
        Qrew Captain
        Ok, I'm not understanding what you're trying to accomplish, then. 

You want to send a the details of the current user or all users in your application? And by "details" do you mean Name, Role, and Application? What is the purpose of this - what are you trying to accomplish? You say this is for tracking users in an application, but for what purpose? Also, you state you want to send this to a group of users. Are these users also in the same application? Do they have permission to see/manage Users in the application? What is their business role in this process?

Blake Harrison
        bharrison@datablender.io
        DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
        Atlanta GA
        404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/