Forum Discussion

DonaSheehan
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

Sending a TEXT from an application

Event Management Attendee Check In (Helen Brosnan Oct. 2013)
Provides the ability to send a TEXT from a QB Application provided the Carrier of the phone number is known.  This works but I am hoping there are plans to make texting a standard QB feature and/or that someone knows a way to Text from within an application when the carrier is not known.  

5 Replies

• I think you can do this if you have the appropriate protocol handler registered on your device:

<a href="sms:437722735932&body=party at 4pm">Link</a>
  • Hey do me a favor and test this for me from your mobile device.
    1. Create a new record entering a mobile phone number, and message.
    2. Save the Record
    3. Press the Blue button to attempt to send the SMS message 
    4. Edit the record to record the outcome
    https://haversineconsulting.quickbase.com/db/bnf2y8eqv?a=nwr

Don't try it if you don't want your phone number publicly recorded. This is a five minute effort.
      GauravSharma3
      Qrew Commander
      Hi Dan,

I followed the above steps but no luck. Please have a look at my test record here.

Thanks,

Gaurav
      DonaSheehan
      Qrew Cadet
      I really don't want my mobile number going public or I'd be happy to participate.  Thank you so much for your reply and insight.  It's a bit above my technical skill level but I work with someone who I believe will be able to understand and help me with this.

As always, so appreciate the QB community's responsiveness and guidance!

Cheers, d2
      _anomDiebolt_
      Qrew Elite
      You can perform your own test. I only asked for the info to be able to debug what was done. I am fairly sure this method will work with some simple tweaking but success probably depends a lot on the specific device and its configuration. Whatever you find share the results.