Forum Discussion

UrsulaLl
Qrew Assistant Captain
7 years ago

Set Grid Edit for specific report only

I have a large table with many records. The roles are not allowed to grid edit on this table, however, I need them to have access to grid edit ONE report from the many that are on this table. Is there a way to set this up? I have gone through trying to Override Role settings through report, and it does nothing. I have tried to change the permission through the form, no cigar. Before I try to find a back-end solution, is there any way to override role permissions for one specific report?

8 Replies

• When you are in the table settings, go to Forms.

You should see an option below the list of forms called "Override role settings by report".  That will allow you to choose <standard behavior> on a specific report.
    UrsulaLl
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Hi dwhawe, that was not working, but I found a workaround. I created a formula button, that sends the user directly to the report in grid edit mode, which superceded any role settings. I would still like to know why the option you state above didn't work for me, but I didn't have time to mess around haha!
      ShubhangiSingha
      Qrew Member

Hi Ursula,
      I have a similar work case that I need to work on.
      Could you please explain in a little more detail on how you created this formula button to link it directly to grid edit mode

Regards,
      Shubhangi

------------------------------
      Shubhangi Singhal
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

This syntax will launch into Grid Edit and on save return to the original report

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_SUPPLIER_POS] & "?a=q&qid=33" & "&dlta=mog&navBack=true";

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ShubhangiSingha
      Qrew Member

Hi Mark , 
      Thanks for the quick reply. 
      Could you please tell me what's [_DBID_SUPPLIER_POS] in the syntax ? 

I'll write out my use case :
      There is a role in my application that does not have access to Multiple Record Edit option. However there is this one report where I need to provide Grid Edit functionality to this role.
      Not going ahead with Grid edit Report as I need it to have filters as well. 
      So basically , I need to add a button in report which takes me to the grid edit mode with the filtered records , and back to the main report once I hit save in Grid edit mode.

I am fairly new to Quickbase and need support with syntaxes and logic. 

Regards,

Shubhangi Singhal
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

The [_DBID_SUPPLIER_POS] is the table alias which you can see in the Advanced settings for the table.  

or else you can just run the report  and grab the whole URL and then suffix it with 

&dlta=mog&navBack=true

and make that be a button  or a formula URL somewhere.

This parameter causes Grid Edit  

&dlta=mog

This parameter seems to control where to go to on the save.

&navBack=true

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com