Forum Discussion

MrunaliKadam
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Show the default status in the dropdown list

Hi Team,

Is there a way to show some default value in a dropdown list on the form?  I've a form in which I want to show the default status as draft or after this record gets saved we can change status to draft? 

I've some other fields and rules which are related to this status field which updates status to approved/not approved. so cannot make default value "Draft" in the fields.

------------------------------
Mrunali Kadam

3 Replies

• If you like you can make a field called [Record ID# mirror] with a formula of [Record ID#] and then use a form rule to detect that the record is in Add mode as that field is empty (or maybe it will be zero), and the Submission Status is blank and have a form rule set that to Draft.

But really, I suppose that is identical to defaulting it to DRAFT.  

I guess I'm not understanding why you can't just set the default value to DRAFT.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Mark is correct, you should be able to set the field's default value to DRAFT, but I have also encountered that changing the default value only shows up in new records, not existing records, so if you are hoping to have that happen it won't happen automatically. You could make an automation or pipeline and have it change all the existing records I suppose.

Thanks,
    Chris Newsome
      MrunaliKadam
      Qrew Trainee
      Thank you Chris and Mark for the feedback. I'll try these other options.

Mrunali Kadam