Forum Discussion

ArchiveUser
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

SMS Text Messaging

Hi,
I want to be able to send a text message from QB based on a change to a specific field. I did this in the past but dont remember how to do this.  I know there are certain codes per cell phone carrier.  If I go to create a new email notification is this where I set this up?

Derek

3 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    An email notification should work. There is another thread that would be of interest to you for this, this is a formula from QuickBasePros in that thread.

Case([Cell Provider],
    "AT&T",[Cell # (as number)]&"@txt.att.net",
    "Verizon",[Cell # (as number)]&"@vtext.com",
    "T-Mobile",[Cell # (as number)]&"@tmomail.net",
    "Sprint PCS",[Cell # (as number)]&"@messaging.sprintpcs.com",
    "Virgin Mobile",[Cell # (as number)]&"@vmobl.com",
    "US Cellular",[Cell # (as number)]&"@email.uscc.net",
    "Nextel",[Cell # (as number)]&"@messaging.nextel.com",
    "Boost",[Cell # (as number)]&"@myboostmobile.com",
    "Alltel",[Cell # (as number)]&"@message.alltel.com",
    "MetroPCS",[Cell # (as number)]&"@mymetropcs.com"
    )

https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/qb-and-sms
  • Thanks for the info. When I click on new notification where exactly am I putting this formula?

I am AT&T so I would it would look like this Case([AT&T], [555 (5555555)]&"@txt.att.net")?

AustinK
      Qrew Commander
      That formula would be for if you wanted this to have the ability to send to multiple carriers and numbers.

If you only want to send it to a single number and carrier then you don't need a formula at all. You could just enter it in the notification recipient and send it as an open email(specific list of users). 5555555555@txt.att.net should work, no dashes or anything else.

You might have to contact QuickBase support and have them open your account up to allow you to send emails like that. Out of the box I believe it will not allow you to send emails to anyone, just registered users. Unless they changed something.