Forum Discussion

SamPollaro
Qrew Member
10 months ago

Snapfish field with imported data

I created a snapshot field to statically store the value of a lookup field.

The field worked fine on the data already in the table but when I imported new data (through a google drive connection) the snapshot field is null even though the lookup field it's set to capture is populated.

My expectation was that when a new record was imported the snapshot field would be set based on the initial value of the lookup field but it seems to be getting set before the lookup field is calculated.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks,

Sam 

------------------------------
Sam Pollaro

3 Replies

• Is there anything unique about the 'related' field in how it's being populated from the google drive connection? Is that google drive connection done via Pipelines or a native connected table to a CSV? 

Chayce Duncan
      SamPollaro
      Qrew Member

The google drive connection is native connected to a CSV.

The related field is a lookup field populated via a Table-to-Table connection.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Pollaro
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

So your related field is a lookup field from another relationship? Is that to mean that the table to table is populating a different relationship that binds the related field that is the issue? If that's correct it's possible the nature of populating another field and then deriving the related field via lookup is not triggering the snapshot to fire - my only recommendation if the above is accurate is to run another table to table import and just move the lookup value that derives your relationship into a scalar field so that it is actually being treated as a change that QB will then interpret and fire the snapshots.

Chayce Duncan