Forum Discussion

ArshadKhwaja
Qrew Commander
8 years ago

Stuck in Test Role

I was testing for a role and I cannot revert back to my admin role as the End Test option is no longer there.  This happened before when I was working with Mark  online  and he added me back into the application again to get the admin role back.  Not too sure if it is a bug in the system.  I am not using the same technique again until support are able to look at it.  Pretty much for the info of community members unless someone has an explanation and resolution on this.   

13 Replies

• Hi Arshad,

I have tested and found nothing wrong with this. Are you facing the problem with the specific role or with every role? or it may be a bug...

Thanks,
    Gaurav
  • Thanks. I cannot even go back to my role to test another one. So far, it is one role that has caused the issue.
  • A better way to test as a user in a second role is to use another browser and log into QuickBase using a user in the second role. If you want to use one browser - say Chrome - open an "incognito window" for the second role. 
  • Thanks Daniel. Good tips.  Could you kindly contact me by email.  I tried to call you the other day. 
  • A client of mine today found that adding another User account linked to their primary email account messed up their Administrative access to their App, even after they had QuickBase deactivate the second User.  To get around the issue; we have had to re-add the deactivated User back into the Application with the same Administrative Role to restore access permissions until QuickBase can either separate the second User login from the Primary User Account; or fix the bug.
  • I was helping Arshad on this one, as I still had Admin access to the app even though he lost it.  That sounds like the same symptoms because when I added him back a second time, the last access date was blank on one of his appearances and not blank on the other.  So they must have been two different users.
  • When I set his access to "None" he could still access the App with the deactivated User even though the deactivated User was NOT a User of the App - so there's definitely some buggy behavior.  I figured the only way to restore his Admin access was to have "both" Users in the same App in the same Role; which worked.... this is one reason why I never have multiple User logins under the same email-profile; and I don't recommend it.

But QuickBase deactivated the user - but it didn't prevent me from re-adding the deactivated User to the app either.. unlike denied users.
  • Hi All,

We're actively investigating this issue and will reply back on this thread when we have an update.

Thanks,

-Adam
    Sr. Product Manager, QuickBase
  • Hi All,

We found the cause and have fixed the issue. Please let us know if you're still experiencing the problem.

Thanks!

-Adam
    Sr. Product Manager, QuickBase