Forum Discussion

EmberKrumwied
Qrew Assistant Captain
4 years ago

Table header information

When selecting a child link from a parent table you are taken to either a form or report displaying the associated records.  What I am seeking is a way to format what is shown across the top of the report/form/table.

I know how to set what is shown across the tops for each specific table, but these values don't seem to apply when accessing the table via a child link.

Example: at the table level the header will read:

Agreements > Entity Name

But via the child link it reads:

Agreements > Record ID# (for the Entity)

The table's Record Title is set to return the Entity Name, but it is still showing the ID#.

Any helping in correcting this would be appreciated.

------------------------------
Ember

3 Replies

EmberKrumwied1
      Qrew Trainee

Screenshots...

Parent Table...

When you click on one of the links you are taken to the report/form for the related child records.

The header of the report/form displays the Record ID# of the parent (the field that connects the two tables) instead of the proxy field I have set or the value set in as the Record Title.  When a user access content via this link, displaying (in this case the #4) the record id doesn't mean anything to them, it should display the Entity Name.

Ember D. Krumwied, CRM, CIGO

Corporate Records Manager and Paralegal
      Investco

T: 253-447-3047

Confidentiality Notice:
      This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may
      contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you
      are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part
      of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies.

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        OK. Now I understand what you are talking about but I do not think that there is a way to change that behavior.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com