Forum Discussion

FrankCusack
Qrew Member
4 years ago

table to table automation

Hey community,

So I have a conundrum I can not figure out. I have two tables that I set up the relationship with Contacts and Action Status. The relationship is contacts can have multiple action status. On my contacts form I have an action status drop down menu, that I want to record the selection to the Action Status table on every save of that contact. For some reason I cannot get this automation to work. Any tips would be appreciated.

------------------------------
Frank Cusack

3 Replies

• Hi Frank,

What does your current Automation look like? How is it set up to trigger? Does it trigger ever time that field is updated or under other conditions? Then in your copy set I assume you have that field in the contacts copied over into a matching field in Action Status to make a new record?

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base
      FrankCusack
      Qrew Member
      Currently the automation is set to trigger on update to the field. I do have the field copied over from the contacts table into the Action Status table, but I am not sure what you mean by Copy Set.

Frank Cusack
        EvanMartinez
        Qrew Elite
        Hi Frank,

Excellent if your Automation is set up to trigger anytime you update a contract then add a new record to your Action Status table that should be triggering on any of your saves where the field's value changes. By copy set I just meant within your create a new record step of the automation that was one of the fields you were bringing over from Contracts and pushing into the fields in Action Status. Do you get any errors on your automation or does it not seem to be running at all if you look at the runs?

Evan Martinez
        Community Marketing Manager
        Quick Base