Forum Discussion

DeeKearns
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Table to Table Relationships

I have a jobs table and an invoice table.  There is a one to many relationship built between the job table and the invoice table as there can be several invoices for each job.

There are three field in each invoice (date created, final checkbox, partial checkbox) that I would like to be able to access via my jobs table for reporting purposes.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to get this to work.  I tried building a invoice -> jobs relationship to get a related invoice field to relate the two items but it isn't working.  What am I missing?

------------------------------
Dee Kearns

1 Reply

• I can probably help you, but first I want to understand if the relationship is built properly. When you view a job, do you see an embedded list of invoices on the job record form?

assuming that is the case, and let's say there is a job with three invoices. It sounds like you were trying to roll up information from the children up to the parent record. Can you give me an example of what you would like to see on the parent record?  For example, did you wanna field containing all the dates of all 3  invoices?  How would you want to summarize those check boxes?  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com