Forum Discussion

JENNIFERPASCHAL
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago
Solved

Text Field Suggestion Text

Hello,

When using the Text field type on a form, if the user begins to type an entry a drop down appears with suggestions from previously entered data. For example, in this field I typed the letter 'B' and the entries 'Business Case for Test 10' and 'Business Requirements' appeared from previously saved forms. Is there a way to disable the form from showing other entry data to the user in Text fields?

------------------------------
Thank you,
Jennifer
  • I believe that is a browser feature. If you are using Chrome you can prevent it from auto filling addresses and such in the options. For what you see there I believe you need to clear your browsing data and on that screen there is a checkbox that says "autofill form data" that will say it has maybe a credit card, some address, and then X amount of other things. I believe those other things are autocomplete suggestions when typing into a form.

If you are using another browser you can try this website. Not sure if it is fully updated but hte Chrome suggestions were correct. https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000553.htm

2 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    I believe that is a browser feature. If you are using Chrome you can prevent it from auto filling addresses and such in the options. For what you see there I believe you need to clear your browsing data and on that screen there is a checkbox that says "autofill form data" that will say it has maybe a credit card, some address, and then X amount of other things. I believe those other things are autocomplete suggestions when typing into a form.

If you are using another browser you can try this website. Not sure if it is fully updated but hte Chrome suggestions were correct. https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000553.htm
      JENNIFERPASCHAL
      Qrew Trainee
      Thanks Austin!​

Jennifer