Forum Discussion

J1987J1987
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

text OR date in same field

I have a master table that contains 'projects'.  There are many 'tasks' that make up each 'project'...and those tasks vary from initiative to initiative.  However, at a high level, each 'project' has the same milestones it progresses through at varying speed.  I'm fine with how I'm handling project to tasks relationship...and I'm using a report link in the 'project' table to display the drill down of the 'tasks' when clicked.  What I want to have is a report that lists each project as a record, and then each milestone as a column/field, and then be able to put in each field either the due date or something to indicate the milestone is complete...and then be able to build the data into a timeline/gantt chart.

4 Replies

• You can create a formula text field that will display the date or text, and then in your timeline report, add that as one of the columns to the left of the timeline section. You would still need to use a read date field to create the start or end of the timeline.
      J1987J1987
      Qrew Trainee
      can you please help me with the formula text field.  thx
      Eric_J_Hansen
      Qrew Cadet
      This example assumes you have a checkbox that tells you that milestone 1 is complete and a date field for milestone 1: 

if([milestone 1 complete]=true,"COMPLETE",totext([milestone 1 due date]))
      J1987J1987
      Qrew Trainee
      Thanks. I was hoping to minimize the number of fields so I did not have a lot of columns on a report.  But, I guess I can build a report for updating milestones to 'complete' using the checkbox fields, and then another report for publishing the timline using the formula text field.  Thank you for your help!  I appreciate it.