Forum Discussion

ToddMolino1
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

Total Field or Column Header Colorization in a Summary Report

Hello, 
I have a summary report shown below, 1 of 9 that I'm building. Each of these summary reports takes a particular set of Statuses and totals them. Each total OR column headers will need to be colorized (red, yellow or green) and placed on our Homepage Dash. These status totals are not related to any dates or timelines. They are used for showing the total $ amount of insurance policies that were entered for the previous month, current month and next month by status. 

For example, the report above shows policies from the previous month. It would be amazing if I could make the Status and Annual TP column header red, given these totals represent policies that were Declined, Surrendered, Withdrawn etc. 
My next report would then be colorized yellow for policies that have a different set of statuses, then green column headers for policies for example that have been paid. 
Hope this makes sense! I'm open to any suggestions. 
Thanks for any help! 

18 Replies

• I know this is a really old post lol but it worked for changing the background color on my home page for reports. I'm trying to figure out how to change the font color too but I'm not sure how. I haven't been able to find any resources to help me understand the code that posted above. I actually couldn't find any other help articles at all on this.

Any ideas?

MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

It is not clear what you are asking here.  You seem to be saying that you managed to change the background shading, but cannot understand how to change the font color.  We would need to know what report type you are using (Table or Summary Report?), and see a screen shot of what you gave so far and what your current formula is that is partially workring.

arovney
        Qrew Member

Hi, Thanks!

You have it right. Here is a little more info:

1. They aren't summary reports but they are full reports filtered to the user. The reports are displayed on a homepage. I attached the screenshot.
        2. I tried to include other CSS elements in the same script on the code page I created. When that didn't work I created a second code page and just started playing around with the CSS color. Here is what I have right now for font color:
        3. There are quotes around red on the last two. I've tried this with quotes on all, without quotes on all and then just the below to see if the first table would change. I've also tried the hexcode
          <script>
            var $ = window.parent.$;
            $(function () { 
              $("td[id=anchorCell]:eq(0)").nextAll().andSelf().css({color: red});
              $("td[id=anchorCell]:eq(1)").nextAll().andSelf().css({color: "red"});
              $("td[id=anchorCell]:eq(2)").nextAll().andSelf().css({color: "red"});
            });
          </script>
        4. I don't know the language used above. I think it's javascript but I'm not sure. I'll launch into learning it once I understand what I'm doing wrong and where to start learning. 
        5. Here is the screenshot

The colors aren't important, I can play with those later. I'm just trying to figure out how to change the font color so I get something I can use with the background. 

Thanks for helping