Forum Discussion

HeatherBryant2
Qrew Assistant Captain
8 years ago

Trigger checked checkbox to uncheck when opening an existing record

Hello!,

I am working on a project management application within a Tasks table. There is a List-User field in there named 'Assignees' - users that are assigned to complete the task.

There is a notification set up to send these users an email when a task that has their username in the Assignees field has been added or modified.

Users have requested that they have the choice of whether or not to send the notification. I added a 'Send Notification' checkbox and used that as a filter on my notification. That worked fine. However, I would like for this checkbox to somehow 'uncheck' after the record has been saved or open, so that the next time the Task is updated, the user can click it again if they want to send the notification. 

There is a form rule option to uncheck the box upon Saving, but the notification doesn't trigger if this rule is turned on. Any ideas how to make the checkbox start freshly unchecked upon editing a record? 

3 Replies

• Would it work for you to instead have a button for the user to push to send out a Notification?  
    MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Another options is to change the notification settings to it triggers when that checkbox changes, and remove the part of having it checked.  Then you can change the name to "Toggle Notification".  So if they check or uncheck it, it will send, but all other times there will be no action.