Forum Discussion

ChristineKirk
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Universal button on every form?

Is it possible to format a Form template such that there's a URL embedded on every single form as a universal part of the template? (I don't care if it's a button, but I do care that I can format it for ease of looking at it). For now, I created a backend table for "Buttons", but have to manually input them for each of our forms.

It seems like if you do a button through Fields, you're going to have to then manually update that Field across every form in the table, but if I try to edit the Forms templates using the Forms elements, you're left with using the Text option with HTML, and that's limited. 

TIA!!

------------------------------
Christine Kirk

8 Replies

• I'm not quite sure if you mean the same URL on every form, but just in case this solves your issue you can put links in the bar above the table icons.  You can actually make a hyperlink button with an image or words and have it appear at the top left, top right(ish), or bottom right.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChristineKirk
      Qrew Cadet

Thanks Mark! The top of the table won't help me (I don't think). The forms I'm editing are a repository of logistics information about our clients, used by our employees as a reference guide for each specific client. On those, we also communicate alerts for (1) that specific client, e.g. "Their app is down, please do this other thing", and (2) for alerts that are universal, and so we want those to show on every client's form. I have a back-end guide that I'm linking them to, and just want a button to say "[Description of the current issue/alert]" - and when clicked, takes them to my trouble-shooting guide. 

More or less, we try to build Quickbase as a one-stop shop for our employees to navigate to where they need to go while on a client call. 

Christine Kirk
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

Are these buttons that do something when clicked or are they just informational messages, "per Client".

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com