Forum Discussion

GeorgeBramhall2
Qrew Cadet
8 months ago

Updating a multi-line text field with Log edits checked with a pipeline, like username to be a system user.

I have created a pipeline realm using a system user (yes, I am a realm manager and can "switch users" in Pipelines). However, when I create a pipeline in this realm and have the pipeline update a mult-text field with log edits checked, some how the log edit feature still knows that it is me not the system user. Any fix for this?

------------------------------
George Bramhall

4 Replies

• Is the System User Pipeline using your personal user token when you setup the authentication?

Chayce Duncan
      GeorgeBramhall2
      Qrew Cadet

Ahh, I did create a connection with my user token. Thank you.

George Bramhall
      GeorgeBramhall2
      Qrew Cadet

I set up a pipeline connection in the realm using the user token for the system and tested the pipeline and somehow it still knew it was me not the system user, i.e. records updated by the pipeline were still stamped as last modified by me. Any other ideas?

George Bramhall
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Is the Pipeline setup through the old or new builder? Both interfaces allow you to use different accounts in each step, where as I've found the new builder tries to update if you change one or the other. Can you confirm in all of your steps in the Pipeline that you're using the same token? It's possible that you updated the trigger to the sys_account but the step that is writing back to Quickbase is still using your token setup. 

Chayce Duncan