Forum Discussion

TomWatson
Qrew Member
4 years ago

URL field on Kanban report won't go to link

I have a URL field being displayed on a Kanban report.
The link text showing on each report (Kanban) record is "Detail".
Each record goes to a different, outside URL.
When I left click on the link text on the Kanban card it takes me to the default QB record page for that record instead of the URL destination.
I can right click and "open link in new tab" etc to follow the link. While that is a workaround it is not the desired action.

I am working in Google Chrome.

Is there a configuration that allows left clicks on URLs in Kanban to work properly?
Thanks.

------------------------------
Tom Watson

8 Replies

• I tested this and it worked fine for me. I will say, though, that I had to be exactly ON the link, anywhere else and the record pulled up, just like for you. Instead of just a standard link, you could display that link as a button. This would be displayed on the Kanban just like a button on a form and would give the user an easier time in selecting the link.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
      TomWatson
      Qrew Member
      Hi Blake,
      It is currently configured as a button. I get the same result. I can't find any positioning of the mouse on the link or button that works to follow the link on a left click.

What browser are you using?  Is it possible this is a browser or browser setting issue?
      THanks.

--

SamJones1
        Qrew Cadet
        @Tom Watson, One thing you might do instead of using a URL field, create a Formula Rich Text field. Then you can define the size of the URL button and make it a bit bigger. Something like this:

var text url = [your url goes here];

"<a href='" & $url & "' class='Vibrant Success'> Button Text Here </a>"ā€‹
        ā€‹

- Sam

The Data Collaborative, Inc.
        sjones@datacollaborative.com
        366 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 203 | Arlington, MA 02474