Forum Discussion

AnnettaColeman
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

URL Fields are not Clickable

My app has several URL fields to enable the viewer or participant to link directly to sites within our enterprise.    The project managers will be cut/pasting long URL strings into these fields so that stakeholders can directly link to those sites.   We can easily ENTER a short URL (rare) and we can easily cut/paste a long URL into these fields.   

Problem:  The link is not clickable.   The only way we can get it to work is to <Right Click>, Choose "Select All", <Right Click>, "Goto  ComplexURLString.com.   Taking 4 clicks to get to the link does not meet the User expectations.   How do we make the link clickable directly?

------------------------------
Annetta Coleman

5 Replies

• Have you set the field type to be URL?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AnnettaColeman
      Qrew Cadet

Hi Mark - Thanks for your response on a Sunday.

Yes, the field is URL.   

Upon further testing it IS clickable when you choose to VIEW the record.   Most of the Project Managers will be in Edit Mode most of the time and will not appreciate the 4 extra clicks to get to the link.   Any way to make the URL field clickable in both View and Edit Mode?     

I will also creating them with Link Text....   a multiline paragraph URL is simply unnecessary use of form white space.  

Annetta Coleman
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        I would make a formula URL with a formula equal to the URL field.  Then add that field to the form and set the Form Properties to only show it in Edit Mode.   Call it like [Clickable link].

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com