Forum Discussion

JonathanSpencer
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

URL on page to open specific form where date field = today

Hi
I'm trying to create a URL button on an app homepage, to open a specific form for the record where field [schedulwed date] = today's date
I can make it work opening a specific record ID but of course that changes each day, so I need to use something like 

&fid_7 = xxxx in the URL (scheduled date being field #7 in the relevant table).

Can someone please enlighten me as to what I need to use to specify today's date?
Thanks

ā€‹

------------------------------
Jonathan Spencer

2 Replies

• I will try my dictation on my iPhone here. As you discovered a regular URL Dashboard button doesn't have any intelligence to it it is just a static URL.
    But no problem.
    Just make a helper table with one record in it and the table will only have one field on that one record. Make your URL formula on that field and then make a one record report showing that field. Then put that on the dashboard. If you squeeze in the The dashboard element in between or beside to other elements then you will squeeze the report narrow so it doesn't look funny. It is also possible that you could put the report on the side bar.
    So the effect of this is you really have a report on your dashboard which has the button you want but you are trying to make it look as much as a plain old button as you can.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JonathanSpencer
      Qrew Trainee
      Thanks Mark
      That kinda worked - though you don't appear to be able to add a report to the sidebar.

Jonathan Spencer