Forum Discussion

MattMakris
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

User role unable to see report: "The report is unavailable, because a field for sorting can't be shown."

I have a role that has access to only one table. When logged-in as this role, I'm getting this error when accessing this table:

"The report is unavailable, because a field for sorting can't be shown."

I have given field-level access to every field in every column as well as every sorting field and still get the same result. Does the role also need access to tables referenced in relationship fields?

------------------------------
Matt Makris

3 Replies

• Yes, the Role will indeed need access to the other tables referenced in the report sort or columns which you want to to show.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MattMakris
      Qrew Cadet
      Is it possible  to grant access, but only to specific fields - without assigning role permissions to every single field in the tables?

Matt Makris
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

You are correct.  You would need to go through every field, but unless your users are pretty smart hackers, it will be tough for them to get at the other fields.

You can set the Role to not allow to create reports, and also assign them to a dummy form with no fields. that would be pretty good security.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com