Forum Discussion

JohnHarr
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Using an ""Unknown"" option in a User List.

I need to assign a record using a User List drop-down field. However, the person selecting the assigned person may not know who the assigned-to user should be. So, we need to add an option for "Unknown" in the drop-down. How can we do this without using a license? 

11 Replies

• Is it possible to just leave it blank assuming it's not a required field.
  • I forgot that detail. It is a required field. Leaving it blank would cause an issue. 
      ChuckGrigsby
      Qrew Cadet
      Is it possible you could just require it after some other condition like if some field is not blank or some value? If quickbase doesn't register a new user until they actually login perhaps you could create a new user but never register then use that as the user? Not tested of course so not sure if it'll work.
      JohnHarr
      Qrew Trainee
      This might actually work.  I can create a user in the application called "unkown@url.com" When that is selected, it will indicate that the record needs to be properly assigned.
  • I didn't find the option to add the value 'UNKNOWN'.
    but w/o using license how I will approach.

1- make this field not required.
    2- When you save a record without entering the value in this field at that time Fire a webhook and see if the field is blank. If it is blank fill it with the default value.

I hope this will work.

Thanks,