Forum Discussion

ElizabethChewte
Qrew Member
10 months ago

Using Rich Text in Quickbase app

Hi, is there a way to use rich text in Quickbase? Currently I am using plain text but would like to be able to highlight areas with italics, bold, color etc. Please message if you know how. Thanks!

------------------------------
Elizabeth Chewter

3 Replies

• Certainly - there is a field type for Rich Text when you're making new fields or you can change the type of an existing field by going into the settings

Chayce Duncan
      ElizabethChewte
      Qrew Member

This is good to know but I am relatively new to QB and cannot see the settings icon you refer to. Would you let me know how to navigate to that. Thanks!

Elizabeth Chewter
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Sure - the easiest way would be to go to whatever table your current field exists in - and in the upper left corner there is the gear icon for 'settings'. Click that, and from that screen there should be an icon/hyperlink for fields. Click into fields, where you'll see the entire field list available. Search for your field that is currently your plain text and click to open in. 

At the top of the page right under the field name there is a link that says 'Change Type'. You will be directed to a simple screen with a dropdown that you can change the type, in this case you will click it, set it to Rich Text and then save.

Chayce Duncan