Forum Discussion

QuincyAdam1
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Web Form Post From Wordpress To Quick Base

If you?re using Open Source frameworks like Wordpress or Drupal, you can use form plugins to post to Quick Base. There?s a 3rd party plugin called Zapier, which helps you map to Quick Base, but I discovered another method that does not use Zapier.

In this example, I?m using the Ninja Form plugin. I posted another tutorial (https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/capturing-query-string-parameters-on-web-forms) if you prefer to use the Quick Base form wizard, but you may have a preference using a ?no code? plugin that has conditional logic and web hooks built in. Ninja Forms has a premium add on called Webhooks, which I?ll be using in this tutorial.

If you?re using public facing forms for data collection purposes and don?t need a token:

• Go to your App Home Settings
  • Create new role called ?Internet? (or whatever). Click the checkmark on the Add column next to the table you want publicly accessible.

• Next, go to the Users table and click the ?Share app with new user? button. Select the role ?Internet? that you just created. 
  • Next, in NinjaForms, you can map your fields like the following screenshot. The remote URL will be your action URL minus any parameters.

All your field ID?s can be mapped using ?_fid_#?, which you can find in your apps table settings. 

1 Reply

• Great post, for those using Wordpress and ContactForm 7, there is a plugin call "Third Party Integrations" that I use that works like this.