Forum Discussion

AlexGale
Qrew Captain
6 years ago

What causes some buttons to have a shaded box behind them?

I have a few buttons on one of my forms, and for some reason they appear different. Some have a shaded box behind them, and some don't. The below picture is a perfect example. 

Does this have something to do with the fact that my "Add Task" button was automatically created by a relationship, while the "Add Communication" button is a custom button I created myself? Is there a simple setting I'm missing? This is super trivial but it's been bugging me for a while. 

Thanks

4 Replies

• When that bugs me enough, I add a text element on the form beside the field  on the same line as a <b> with html enabled.  That will serve as a "stopper" to prevent the grey box from going so wide.
      AlexGale
      Qrew Captain
      Thanks for the tip. I take this to mean there's no native way of just disabling the grey box?
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Alas,  no.  It happens when you have a skinny field above a wide field and nothing to its right.
    SaraC
    Qrew Trainee
    I had 2 buttons on the same form, one had the shaded box and one didn't. The only difference I could find was in the settings for the section.
    When I changed the section settings to "Field labels in this section appear: to the left of fields", the shaded box disappeared.