Forum Discussion

BrianStarr1
Qrew Member
6 years ago

When I edit record information by dragging records in a kanban report from one column to the next it's not firing the dynamic rules?

When I edit record information by dragging records in a kanban report from one column to the next it's not firing the dynamic rules. Is there something i'm missing or is this just not set up?  

I have table set up called "Tasks" with a "status" drop down field where the option is either "Open" or "Done".  I set up the Kanban report with one column as "Open" one column as "Done".  I set up a dynmaic rule to change the field "completed date" to today's date when the the status becomes "Done".   This all works fine when I got into the record and edit it.  When I use the Kanban report and move the record from the open to done column it doesn't fire the dynamic rule.  Is there a way to get those rules to work with the Kanban report?

2 Replies

• They are correctly called Dynamic Form Rules because they are rules which work when a human user is editing a record with hands on keyboard.

If you need rules to take place outside of that situation, then you will need to use an Automation.