Forum Discussion

ToriLuccio
Quickbase Staff
16 days ago
Solved

First Virtual Meetup tomorrow (6/18)!

Hello everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. We're looking forward to our first virtual meetup tomorrow (6/18) from 1-2PM EST. If you have yet to register and are able to attend, please register here

Here is a light agenda for the conversation:
- Introduction to Women's Qrew leaders
- Purpose Statement
- Hear from Heather Karas about her experience using Quickbase
- Call for presenters
- Set meeting cadence

We're looking forward to hearing from YOU tomorrow, so come prepared for an interactive session :) If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at tluccio@quickbase.com

• HUGE thank you to everyone who was able to make our first virtual meetup on Tuesday! We super appreciated the participation and open discussion. Thank you for your patience on this summary as well, as Quickbase was off yesterday in honor of Juneteenth.

I wanted to take a moment to summarize key themes and takeaways from the call:

- Our next virtual meetup is planned for July 16th, 1-2PM EST. Register for the next meetup here!

- We spent some time gathering input from y'all and discussing a meeting cadence. For the remainder of 2024, we will meet on a monthly basis and re-assess in the beginning of next year.  

- There is an appetite to learn more about technical topics, mainly AI, ALM and Pipelines functionality. Quickbase will provide a presenter to discuss these 3 topics during our next virtual meetup.

- There is also an appetite to leverage this community to discuss personal topics such as balancing work/life responsibilities and emotional/mental labor, career advancement, experiences in the workplace, and DE&I in the workplace. Moving forward, Quickbase will provide resources from our Women's Leadership Group and Employee Resource Groups to help facilitate these conversations.

- As part of a greater discussion, it is apparent there is also a desire for resources related to job seeking/hiring, specifically around how to position Quickbase experience in looking for work. Quickbase/Heather will provide examples of how current female builders describe their experience.

As mentioned on the call, Karen, Heather and myself would love feedback on how to make the best use of everyone's time and attention on these moving forward. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions at tluccio@quickbase.com

3 Replies

ToriLuccio
    Quickbase Staff

HUGE thank you to everyone who was able to make our first virtual meetup on Tuesday! We super appreciated the participation and open discussion. Thank you for your patience on this summary as well, as Quickbase was off yesterday in honor of Juneteenth.

I wanted to take a moment to summarize key themes and takeaways from the call:

- Our next virtual meetup is planned for July 16th, 1-2PM EST. Register for the next meetup here!

- We spent some time gathering input from y'all and discussing a meeting cadence. For the remainder of 2024, we will meet on a monthly basis and re-assess in the beginning of next year.  

- There is an appetite to learn more about technical topics, mainly AI, ALM and Pipelines functionality. Quickbase will provide a presenter to discuss these 3 topics during our next virtual meetup.

- There is also an appetite to leverage this community to discuss personal topics such as balancing work/life responsibilities and emotional/mental labor, career advancement, experiences in the workplace, and DE&I in the workplace. Moving forward, Quickbase will provide resources from our Women's Leadership Group and Employee Resource Groups to help facilitate these conversations.

- As part of a greater discussion, it is apparent there is also a desire for resources related to job seeking/hiring, specifically around how to position Quickbase experience in looking for work. Quickbase/Heather will provide examples of how current female builders describe their experience.

As mentioned on the call, Karen, Heather and myself would love feedback on how to make the best use of everyone's time and attention on these moving forward. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions at tluccio@quickbase.com

• Was great to meet so many in our new group; thanks for inviting me.  Excited to see the future of the group going forward.