Forum Discussion

Re: Populate ultiple choice field based upon a form rule

Ok, so now I understand. You are not understanding what a Dynamic form rule does. It only kicks in when an individual record is in edit mode. It does not affect anything when the record is not being edited.

If you need a field to change based in the value of other fields when the record is not being edited on a Form, then you need to use a formula field. If the reason that you are not using a formula field is that you need to control the sort, you will need to fall back on results which are numbered. For example,
1.Open
2. in Process
3. Complete

2 Replies

HeatherBryant2
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Hi Mark - do you know if there is a new work-around for this with Quick Base Actions?
    QuickBaseCoachD
    Qrew Captain
    Heather, I think that because this was a long thread, that you should post a new question with your own use case.  I can't tell from your post above what "this" refers to.  But I will say that Actions only fire after the record is saved so they will not affect what the user sees on the form during data entry and also they will not run quite quick enough for the user to see when they save the record as the record will be displayed and then the Action will run sort of a split second later.