Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Do not allow copy record?

I'm assuming this is a permission or table option? I'm looking to remove the option to click 'More', 'Copy this record' when you are viewing a record.

Where can I find that?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

4 Replies

• If the user does not have permission to Add, then I assume that button would not be offered. Why do you want to block the use of that button if hey users have permission to add.

Note that each field can be set as to whether it copies or not, when using that button, so it is more likely that you just want to limit which fields get copied.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      I have a copy master detail api button to copy everything. I want to force my users to use the copy master detail button, and not use the copy record button.

But interesting about limiting the fields that copy. If I check those boxes, will the copy master API respect those rules?

Mike Tamoush
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Copy Master detail is documented and performs to copy ALL fields. 
        I do not think that there is a native way to suppress the More .. copy, but i you uncheck every field, then it will not be useful to the user - which is your goal, essentially they will end up in add record mode with no data pre-filled.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com