Forum Discussion

Re: CHAT GPT

Right, it's not an obligation, I was kidding about that.  But the general awareness of Chat GPT is going to spread exponentially over the next few months.  

I saw a cool video (OK I admit is was on, yes, Tiktok) where they pasted in a job description for a job posting and asked to have a cover letter written. Then followed up with a cut and paste of a resume and the request to redo the cover letter taking in the resume experience into account.  Then followed up by a request to make the paragraphs shorter and a bit "cheeky" (he was British), to better catch the attention of the screener. 

That is probably an example of where the world will be change for the worse because as a hiring company, you will not be able to tell who wrote the cover letter.

------------------------------
Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
mark.shnier@gmail.com

3 Replies

WilliamHunter
    Qrew Trainee

I am trying to find some middleware to link chat GPT's API to quickbase, but it looks like this may have to be a custom build. 

William Hunter
      joevandervest
      Qrew Cadet

In terms of "middleware" tying Quick Base to ChatGPT.... I've used Zapier for a number of things where Pipelines just didn't quite work. (I don't work for Zapier BTW). 

But I found it useful to fill the gap, especially when there just isn't a "Pipeline channel to do that..." -- To keep activity low, I use Pipelines to make a web request to a custom webhook at Zapier and then  access other apps available in Zapier.

ChatGPT is available in Zapier. (I've not used the zapier app however). 

More info is here - https://zapier.com/apps/chatgpt/integrations - look for ChatGPT.

I use this method to PUSH data into netsuite - because the QB Netsuite connector doesn't work correctly in my NetSuite context. (that works). 

[EDIT]

here's a better link that covers the integrations with ChatGPT from Zap. 
      6 ways to use the Zapier ChatGPT plugin | Zapier

Zapier remove preview
      6 ways to use the Zapier ChatGPT plugin | Zapier
      If you've heard the latest from OpenAI and ChatGPT, you'll know ChatGPT has released a new ecosystem of plugins, including the Zapier ChatGPT plugin . Discover more ways to add AI to your workflows. The Zapier ChatGPT plugin lets you connect thousands of apps (like Google Sheets, Gmail, or Slack) and automate tasks directly inside ChatGPT.
      View this on Zapier >

joe vandervest

WilliamHunter
        Qrew Trainee

Excellent. Thank you for the information. I am trying to link ChatGPT and Quickbase through Zapier currently in attempt to make an automated chatbot for our techs in the field, so I think these tips will help me out alot. 

William Hunter