Forum Discussion

UrsulaLlaveria
Qrew Assistant Captain
4 years ago

Pipelines - not recognizing Record ID#

I have a pipeline that triggers when a record is edited. It pulls in the related record ID#, and then runs a search to match that related record ID# to a record ID#. For some reason, on that query, it changes the record id# from just a plain number to a number with decimal points. See screenshot. I am trying to find a formula that I can use to trigger this to round up, or find a way around this
. Has anyone else come across this issue before?

thanks, Urs

------------------------------
Ursula

4 Replies

• I believe I heard about this issue on a Webinar and they did some Jinja language trick.  I wonder if you made a text field formula for to mirror the record ID# field if it would then treat it as a character and get a clean hit that way.

ie [Record ID# text] with a formula of ToText(Round([Record ID#]))

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      UrsulaLlaveria
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Thanks Mark! Funnily enough, that is what I ended up doing. I had to create text versions of all the related record ids I was referencing, and it seems to work. I will have to do some further testing to make sure it works in all instances, but this is a good workaround. I am surprised that this hasn't been identified as a bug of some kind, seems a little convoluted to get a record id.

Ursula
        AngelRodriguez
        Qrew Assistant Captain
        Ursula, with jinja templates you'd want to use the 'round' filter. So instead of round({{ a.bill_to_matter }}), you just write {{ a.bill_to_matter|round }}

AR